The music industry can be a very shady business but relationships and networking is key. Showing great integrity and amazing work ethic is a start to greatness. Though Suede is on a long journey to success, he too has to work hard! When you aren’t working there are others working to get ahead of you. Always remember that.
- Network (Collab with other artists/producers/dj’s)
- Get social (Go to events and festivals)
- Stay Healthy (Being an artist/musician can consists of late nights and heavy unhealthy eating/drinking.)
- Read up on Books and/or tutorials to educate yourself on things you don’t know and learn the business.
- Stay Inspired
- Make Smart Investments
- Be patient and stay prepared (Everyone has their time to shine. Stay ready and don’t frustrate yourself so much.)
- Get out that box! (Try things you normally wouldn’t sometimes)
- Be Impatient (This could lead to hate, bitterness and/or lack of concentration)
- Get Jealous (Don’t get mad when you see others doing what you wish you were doing even if you know you’re way more talented. Keep grinding.)
- Fake It Until You Make it
- Spend unnecessary Money